One of the most enjoyable perks of being real estate agents is the opportunity to see the creative side of our clients, and the changes they make to their new homes. It’s inspiring, touching and shows us another side of who they are. A new home is so exciting, especially when you put your own unique stamp on it. And today we have such easy access to the latest trends, our tastes have become much more sophisticated. But let’s face it, not everyone has a knack for design or the resources to replicate those designs in our everyday lives, or do we…
Technology has made it easier than ever to bring your home decor ideas to reality. We found some great smartphone apps to help you plan your space or do some valuable comparative shopping and make the vision for your home a reality.
Here are five apps that you can use on your next decorating project. Most are available on both iOS and Android devices:
- Color Capture: Ever see a color that would make for a perfect paint scheme? Benjamin Moore’s Color Capture app allows you to take a photo of anything and instantly get a matching paint color. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/color-capture
- iHandyLevel: Hanging photos and artwork? Rather than searching through your toolbox for a level, you can use something that’s already in your pocket: Your phone. The iHandyLevel app functions just as well as a dedicated level, turning your phone into the ultimate picture-hanging companion. http://www.ihandysoft.com/apps.html
- LikeThatDecor: Let’s say you see the perfect Chesterfield sofa in a coffee shop, and you want to see where you could get one of your own. Use the LikeThatDecor app to take a photo of furniture and instantly see similar items from dozens of retailers. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.likethatapps.decormatch&hl=en
- IKEA Catalog: Forget about the nightmare of navigating the parking garage, showroom, and warehouse at your nearest IKEA. The IKEA Catalog app allows you to virtually place furniture in a room. If only there was an app for easy IKEA assembly! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ikea.catalogue.android&hl=en
- DesignSponge: DesignSponge is one of the best DIY and home decor websites out there. Now there’s an app that makes it easy to access all of their awesome content on your smartphone. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/design*sponge/id871962196?mt=8
Do you have a special design trick or piece of advice that helped you? Please share, we’d love to know!