This 3BR / 2BA West Sacramento Home home is the epidomy of Sophisticated Style. Step out your front door and enjoy a beautiful view of a shaded lawn overlooking Touchstone Lake. All for YOUR enjoyment. Gorgeous hand-scraped laminate flooring. Downstairs Master En-Suite. Beautiful exposed brick and soaring ceilings. All for an incredible value. If you LOVE style and value – this is the one for you. You won’t find a more attractive offering when searching West Sacramento Real Estate.
One of the most enjoyable perks of being real estate agents is the opportunity to see the creative side of our clients, and the changes they make to their new homes. It’s inspiring, touching and shows us another side of who they are. A new home is so exciting, especially when you put your own unique stamp on it. And today we have such easy access to the latest trends, our tastes have become much more sophisticated. But let’s face it, not everyone has a knack for design or the resources to replicate those designs in our everyday lives, or do we…
Technology has made it easier than ever to bring your home decor ideas to reality. We found some great smartphone apps to help you plan your space or do some valuable comparative shopping and make the vision for your home a reality.
Here are five apps that you can use on your next decorating project. Most are available on both iOS and Android devices:
- Color Capture: Ever see a color that would make for a perfect paint scheme? Benjamin Moore’s Color Capture app allows you to take a photo of anything and instantly get a matching paint color. http://www.benjaminmoore.com/en-us/color-capture
- iHandyLevel: Hanging photos and artwork? Rather than searching through your toolbox for a level, you can use something that’s already in your pocket: Your phone. The iHandyLevel app functions just as well as a dedicated level, turning your phone into the ultimate picture-hanging companion. http://www.ihandysoft.com/apps.html
- LikeThatDecor: Let’s say you see the perfect Chesterfield sofa in a coffee shop, and you want to see where you could get one of your own. Use the LikeThatDecor app to take a photo of furniture and instantly see similar items from dozens of retailers. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.likethatapps.decormatch&hl=en
- IKEA Catalog: Forget about the nightmare of navigating the parking garage, showroom, and warehouse at your nearest IKEA. The IKEA Catalog app allows you to virtually place furniture in a room. If only there was an app for easy IKEA assembly! https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ikea.catalogue.android&hl=en
- DesignSponge: DesignSponge is one of the best DIY and home decor websites out there. Now there’s an app that makes it easy to access all of their awesome content on your smartphone. https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/design*sponge/id871962196?mt=8
Do you have a special design trick or piece of advice that helped you? Please share, we’d love to know!
Yes folks, it’s that most wonderful time of the year, birds are singing, trees are budding, the grass is greener, the sky is brighter and…it’s tax time! We’re right there with you. Taxes may not be our favorite spring time activity, BUT there are several advantages to homeownership that can help you keep more money in your “pocket” this year. One of the many perks of homeownership is big tax breaks. So whether you’re doing your taxes yourself or getting help from a professional, it’s important to take advantage of those breaks! Here’s just a few:
Mortgage Interest Deduction: Before buying a home, a standard deduction may have made the most sense when you prepared your taxes. But homeowners can deduct the interest portion of their mortgage payments, and the earlier you are in your mortgage, the greater the percentage of each payment that goes toward interest, so take advantage right away!
Deductions for Refinancing, Home Equity Loan or Line of Credit: There’s additional tax breaks beyond your home’s first mortgage too! Did you refinance this year, receive a home equity loan or line of credit? Ask your tax advisor how you can take advantage of the deductibles related to equity debts.
Multiple Properties: Mortgage interest on a second home can also be deductible. This can be true even for a boat or RV that has the comforts of home: cooking, sleeping and bathroom facilities. Even if you rent out your second property part of the year you may still be able to take advantage of mortgage interest tax deductions depending upon the amount of time you spend there.
Home Office: There are specific criteria that have to be met in order to deduct home office expenses, but it can lead to a very large deduction. In general, your home office has to be used specifically for business purposes. Check with a tax professional to see if your home office qualifies for a deduction—it’s a little extra work, but can make a big difference in your tax responsibility.
That’s the beauty of homeownership. It’s not only your sanctuary and a place where memories are made, but a great investment that can provide year round benefits, including tax time!!
Let me be clear…ALL of our clients are extremely important to us. But I have to say….THESE particular clients hold a very special place in my heart and in my business. You see…these clients, Eddie and Rachel, were the very first clients that trusted me to help them purchase a home back in 2010. For clarification, I was fortunate to have some very dear friends who trusted me to help them purchase a home before I met Eddie and Rachel, but Eddie and Rachel were the first people I met that didn’t know me and chose me as their Realtor. I was extremely green, had very little experience to go on but I knew one thing…NO ONE would work harder for their clients than I would. I put ALL of my faith in THAT fact and mustered up some artificial self-confidence and went out to sell some homes. Five years and more than 100 buyers and sellers later, I was once again privileged to be able to help Eddie and Rachel SELL the home they purchased with me back in 2010 AND buy their new dream home in the exact community they wanted to raise their family in.
I cannot tell you how much it means to me when clients reach back out to us to help them for a second, third, or fourth time. It is humbling to realize that we have built that kind of relationship and trust with them. In this case, to realize I had started building those types of relationship from the VERY BEGINNING of my career…let me just say that today I truly considered myself successful.
Welcome to your new blog website! This is your first post. Login to the admin and edit or delete it, then start blogging!